Browsing by Author "Kanwar, Asha"
Now showing 1 - 20 of 366
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen Access61st Annual Convocation address of Chief Guest prof. Asha Kanwar(2011-12-07) Kanwar, AshaA video of Professor Asha Kanwar's Convocation Address at the SNDT Women’s University (7 December 2011) held in Mumbai, India. Duration: 15:28
- ItemOpen AccessThe 6th Pan Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning Access: Access & Success in Learning: Global Development Perspectives(2010) Tharoor, Shashi; Seelig, Caroline; Maharey, Steve; Sinha, Chetna; Kanwar, Asha; Pillai, Rajasekharan; Daniel, John; Ali, AnuwarIncludes: 1. Asa Briggs lecture (Duration: 53:13. Speaker: Dr. Shashi Tharoor) 2.Inaugural Session - The Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning (Duration:1:08:38) 3. Dr. Caroline Seelig on Skill Development - The Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning (Duration: 40.00) 4. Hon. Steve Maharey on Formal Education - The Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning (Duration: 31.40) 5. Ms. Chetna Sinha on Social Justice - Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Leaning (Duration: 24:15) 6. Anuwar Ali - Community Development - Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Leaning (Duration: 39:26 - Keynote Speaker - Prof. Emeritus Tan Sri Anuwar Ali) 7. Valedictory Session - PCF 6 (Duration: 31:47. Concluding Remarks by: Sir John Daniel (President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning), Prof. V. N. Rajasekharan Pillai(V.C., IGNOU), Prof. Asha Kanwar (Vice-President, Commonwealth of Learning)) 8. Valedictory Session - The Sixth Pan - Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning ( Duration: 56:31) 9.Cultural Program - The Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning (Duration: 50:03) 10. Dr. Shashi Tharoor MP - The Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning (Duration: 37:18)
- ItemOpen AccessA Green Learning Agenda(2022-08-03) Kanwar, AshaPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO, at the Fourth Pan-Commonwealth Training Programme on Women and Leadership in Open and Distance Learning in collaboration with Wawasan Open University in Penang, Malaysia, on 3 August 2022.
- ItemOpen AccessAccelerating Gender Parity(2016-03-08) Kanwar, AshaVideo message delivered for International Women's Day 2016, 8 March 2016 by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning.
- ItemOpen AccessAcceptance Speech at the Convocation of the Open University Sri Lanka(2016-05-17) Kanwar, AshaAcceptance Speech by Professor Asha Kanwar, President and CEO, Commonwealth of Learning, upon receiving an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Letters (D. Lit.) Honoris Causa from the Open University of Sri lanka on 17 May 2016.
- ItemOpen AccessAcceptance Speech at the Special Convocation of The Open University, London(2016-04-22) Kanwar, AshaDistance education and technologies have opened up infinite possibilities for millions across the Commonwealth. Achieving sustainable development remains an aspirational goal for all of us. How can we meaningfully contribute to our own development and that of our societies in a sustainable manner? How can we make this a more prosperous, more equitable world where the futures of coming generations are not compromised?
- ItemOpen AccessAccess and Affordability in Higher Education (Pre-print)(2018-06) Kanwar, Asha; Mishra, SanjayaThe demand for Higher education continues to rise. A key driver of this demand, according to a recent World Bank working paper, is the steady return on investment. The average rate of return on investment for private and social costs is estimated at 15.8% and 10.5% respectively. The returns are higher in lower-income countries relative to higher-income countries (Psacharopoulos & Patrinos, 2018). A study from the London School of Economics revealed that doubling the number of universities is associated with over 4% higher GDP per capita in a region (Valero & Reenen, 2016). The estimated global enrolment in tertiary education is expected to rise to 262 million by 2025 (Maslen, 2012) and 522 million by 2035 (Calderon, 2012). In real terms it means that if we are to accommodate the children who will reach enrolment age between now and 2025, we will need to build four new universities with a capacity of 30,000, every single week. // This item is published as "Staying Ahead: Open Learning in the Commonwealth" in the ACU Bulletin, no. 194, August 2018, pages 22-23 .
- ItemOpen AccessAccessible OER: Where to Start?(2017-12-20) Kanwar, Asha; Abeywardena, Ishan S; Mishra, SanjayaPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning, at the 6th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology and Accessibility, 20 December 2017, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. Co-written with Dr. Ishan Abeywardena, Adviser: Open Educational Resources, COL and Dr. Sanjaya Mishra, Education Specialist: eLearning, COL
- ItemOpen AccessAchieving Lifelong Learning for All: what are the possibilities?(2021-12-10) Kanwar, AshaAchieving Lifelong Learning for All: what are the possibilities? Keynote presented virtually by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO at the Global Education Conference 2021, India 10 December 2021.
- ItemOpen AccessAchieving Lifelong Learning for All: Where are We Now? What Next?(2019-02-11) Kanwar, Asha; Carr, Alexis; Balasubramanian, K; Mishra, SanjayaPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning at the ICDE Lillehammer Lifelong Learning Summit 2019, 11 February 2019. Co-written with Ms Alexis Carr, Research Coordinator, COL, Dr K Balasubramanian, former Vice President, COL, and Dr Sanjaya Mishra, Education Specialist: eLearning, COL.
- ItemOpen AccessAchieving SDG 4: Are ICTs the Answer(2018-11-06) Kanwar, AshaPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning, at the United Nationals Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Paris, France, 6 November 2018, to address how ICTs can help achieve progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
- ItemOpen AccessAchieving Sustainability in Education: What will it take?(2023-08-22) Kanwar, AshaPlenary presentation delivered by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO at the Tri-Conference: 5th International Conference on Open and Distance eLearning (ICODeL 2023), 1st International Symposium on Education and AI Convergence (ISEAC 2023) and ASEANnale 2023 on 22 August 2023.
- ItemOpen AccessAdding Global Value(2015-11-28) Kanwar, AshaPresented at CHOGM Malta 2015 at the Foreign Ministers’ Roundtable on 28 November 2015 by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO.
- ItemOpen AccessAdvancing Research in Commonwealth Africa: some reflections(2015-10-19) Kanwar, Asha; Gatsha, GodsonPresented at Botswana College of Distance and Open Learning (BOCODOL), 19 October 2015 by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO (co-written with Dr Godson Gatsha, Education Specialist – Higher Education).
- ItemOpen AccessAdvancing Research in Commonwealth Africa: Some Reflections(2015-02-12) Kanwar, Asha; Gatsha, Godson; Lesperance, John; Mishra, SanjayaTranscript and presentation slides of a speech given at the Commonwealth Tertiary Education Facility (CTEF), Malaysia, 12 February 2015. Presented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO (co-written with Dr. Godson Gatsha, Mr. John Lesperance, and Dr. Sanjaya Mishra)