Browsing Technology by Issue Date
Now showing 1 - 20 of 38
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessScience, Technology and Mathematics Modules for Upper Primary and Junior Secondary School Teachers of Science, Technology and Mathematics by Distance in the Southern African Development Community (SADC )[Technology modules](2001) Ministry of Education, Botswana; Ministry of Education, Malawi; Ministry of Education, Mozambique; Ministry of Education, Namibia; Ministry of Education, South Africa; Ministry of Education, Tanzania; Ministry of Education, Zambia; Ministry of Education, Zimbabwe; Commonwealth of LearningUpper Primary Technology: Module 1: Teaching Technology in the Primary School - Module 2: Making Things Move - Module 3: Structures - Module 4: Materials - Module 5: Processing - Junior Secondary Technology: Module 1: Introduction to Teaching Technology - Module 2: Systems and Controls - Module 3: Tools and Materials - Module 4: Structures
- ItemOpen AccessLinux for IT Managers Course Guide(2009) Kimolo, Nicholas; Virtual University for the Small States of the Commonwealth (VUSSC)This manual course content can be used by learners preparing for other certifications including Linux+ and the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Certification. The main focus of this manual, though, will be to provide real life, hands‐on solutions that commonly affect Technical and Mid Level IT Managers. This manual is intended for the following groups of professionals: Technical IT professionals (System Administrators, Network Administrators and Technical Specialists); IT Security Professionals; Database Administrators; Computer Programmers and Software Developers; IT Consultants; and any other ICT professional with interest in Linux and Open Source Software. // This manual will assume that the learner has previous computer knowledge, but not necessarily in Linux. The learner should have prior knowledge on the use of computers at a basic level. Programmers, novice System Administrators, and new users of Linux looking for comprehensive Linux instructions will find this manual of benefit.
- ItemOpen AccessCommonwealth Computer Navigator's Certificate(2009) Commonwealth of LearningCOL launched this programme to widen access to information and communications technologies (ICTs) skills training using free software. Sir John Daniel, President of COL, announced the initiation of the Commonwealth Computer Navigator's Certificate (CCNC) on 16 September to coincide with Software Freedom Day 2006. The CCNC allows learners to acquire ICTs skills in the tools of their choice. COL will add value to the existing materials of the Open International Computer Drivers License created by the Go Open Source campaign in South Africa and distribute the training as free content for anyone to use, modify and distribute. By using free content, the CCNC will create more opportunities to acquire the prerequisite ICTs skills, throwing a wide bridge across the digital divide. Also available upon request from COL in multi-media format. // Contents: Module 1 - Concepts of Information Technology ; Module 2 - Using the Computer and Managing Files ; Module 3 - Word Processing Using OpenOffice Writer ; Module 4 - Spreadsheets Using OpenOffice CALC ; Module 5 - Database Management Using OpenOffice Base ; Module 6 - Presentations Using OpenOffice Impress ; Module 7 - Information and Communications using Firefox and Novell Evolution
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Computers(2011-11) Powley, Roger; Virtual University for the Small States of the Commonwealth (VUSSC); Commonwealth of LearningThe Introduction to Computers course will prepare future entrepreneurs to operate computer hardware and software applications. Participants will gain an understanding of computer hardware, operating systems, office applications and networks. It will ensure the entrepreneur is able to apply the concepts of networks, the Internet, World Wide Web, and mobile technologies and how they could potentially support a successful business operation.
- ItemOpen AccessCertificate in Community Radio Technology (CCRT)(2014) Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA)CCRT is a certificate course of 6 months duration. In partnership with BECIL, CEMCA has developed the learning materials for the 9 modules incorporating 30 Units and 12 Videos. The materials are available as Open Educational Resource for interested Indian institutions to start offering distance learning programme. Contents: Module 1: Community Radio: An Introduction; Module 2: Setting up of CRS; Module 3: Studio Technology; Module 4: Audio Production; Module 5: Audio Post Production; Module 6: Studio Operations; Module 7: Radio Transmission Technology; Module 8: FM Transmitter Setup; Module 9: Practical Internship Handbook. All files are compiled into one zip file.
- ItemOpen AccessRepair and Maintenance of Mobile Cell Phones(2015-09) Douglas, MuasyaThrough the INVEST Africa partnership of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), representatives of four Kenyan institutes, namely Masai Technical Training Institute, Coast Institute of Technology, Thika Technical Training Institute and Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, developed a course on the repair and maintenance of mobile cell phones. Mobile technology has become one of the fastest growing technologies in the world. Today people use mobile phones to stay in touch with friends and family, to share stories and photographs in social media, and to carry out financial transactions. This widespread ownership and use of mobile phones has created a need for professionals who can repair and service mobile phones. This course has been developed to address that need. The course targets people who would like to start and run a mobile repair and servicing business. By the end of this course you should be able to disassemble and assemble a mobile phone, diagnose the problem, service and repair a mobile phone with the help of proper tools and instruments.
- ItemOpen AccessPrinciples of Design(2016) Mutalib, Ariffin A; Hamidon, Zahari; Omar, Ridha; Hashim, Hazalina; Yusoff, YuzeryThis course covers design principles for web and helps to develop website balanced with aesthetic values and usability. It is part of the five courses related to Web Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Databases(2016) Mbwete, Grace W; Lukwaro, Elia A; Kimaro, JustinThis course will equip students with ICT skills which include theory and practical of fundamental concepts of database management systems, data modelling techniques, data normalization, Structured Query Language (SQL) and finally, database development process. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessWeb Programming - II (Server Side Scripting)(2016) Ombeni, Mathias; Thomas, Emmanuel; Kimaro, JustinWeb programming is the practice of writing applications that run on a web server and can be used by many different people. Web programming allows you to turn a simple, static HTML page into a dynamic masterpiece. It allows others to interact with your web site and use the application on any computer with Internet access. It is often easier than programming applications that will run directly on the computer. It allows you to make or edit anything dynamic on your website, such as a forum, a guestbook, or even a form submission. This course will help you understand, what web programming is and why you might want to do it. It is part of the five courses related to Web Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Android(2017) Perera, W A S N; Nananyakkara, J; Werapitiya, B K; Rajasingham, S; Premaratne, U S; Erandaka, W U; Wickramasinghe, W W A I D; Ratnayake, H U W; Goonatilleke, C W S; Meedin, G S NThis course will enable you with basic computing skills to develop mobile applications with Android operating system. Fundamental concepts of Android, theoretical and practical knowledge to develop an app incorporating multimedia and security, and performance issues of Android are discussed here. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Windows Mobile and IOS(2017) Astya, Parma N; Kumar, Vikas; Jain, Priyanka; Kumar, Ela; Rai, Deepak; Kumar, Sachin; Kumar, NaveenThis course will help learners to design and develop a simple mobile App in Windows and iOS. This course also covers the architecture of Windows and iOS. It is also useful to know about user interfaces for development of apps in Windows and iOS. After going through this course, you will be able to design simple apps with database and you will be able use database for apps in Windows and iOS. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessProgramming with Python(2017) Perera, W A S N; Madurapperuma, A P; Dabare, P T R; Ratnayake, H U W; Werapitiya, B K; Rajasingham, S; De Silva, N T; Meedin, G S N; Herath, M H M N D; Koggalahewa, D NThis course will enable students with basic ICT skills to develop mobile applications with Python. Fundamental programming concepts of Python, theoretical and practical knowledge to develop programs in Python are discussed here. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessImage Design and Animation(2017) Onwodi, Gregory; Osang, Francis; Jituboh, Enakeno; Olekan, Ogundipe; Onwodi, GregoryThis course covers basics of image design and animation in the context of mobile development. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessMassive Open Online Course on Introduction to Technology-Enabled Learning: Course Materials(2017-01) Mishra, Sanjaya; Cleveland-Innes, Martha; Ostashewski, NathanielThis is a compilation of the course contents of the massive open online course (MOOC) on Introduction to Technology-Enabled Learning (TEL) offered jointly by COL and Athabasca University. // The course materials are provided here for information only in ‘as is’ manner to prospective learners and institutions interested in participating in the future TEL-MOOCs or adopting these to offer in their own programme. For a deeper engagement on the subject, we recommend you to join our future TEL-MOOC offer.