Browsing 2021-2025 by Region "Caribbean and Americas"
Now showing 1 - 20 of 23
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessBuilding Resilience in Small States: Commonwealth of Learning(2022-10-21) Kanwar, AshaBuilding Resilience in Small States: Commonwealth of Learning: Presented by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO at a Round Table to showcase the efforts COL is making to develop the resilience of small states at the Permanent Delegation of the Commonwealth to the UN Office, Commonwealth Small States Office, Geneva, Switzerland on 21 October 2022.
- ItemOpen AccessCANTA/COL Launch of Online Platform to Host CVQ Courses(2021-04-20) Kanwar, AshaKeynote address delivered by Professor Asha Kanwar, President and CEO, Commonwealth of Learning at the CANTA/COL Launch of Online CVQ Programmes for Assessors, Verifiers and Instructors on April 20, 2021.
- ItemOpen AccessDigital Education: Unlocking the Potential of Every Mind(2023-03-02) Mishra, SanjayaPresented by Dr Sanjaya Mishra, Director: Education, Commonwealth of Learning at the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Digital Skills Taskforce Webinar organised by CARICOM and UNESCO, held in Kingston, Jamaica on 2 March 2023.
- ItemOpen AccessFlexible Digital Learning, Micro-Credentialing and Assessment Practices in the Commonwealth(2023-09-25) Mishra, SanjayaOnline keynote presentation delivered by Dr Sanjaya Mishra, COL Director: Education at the 48th International Association for Educational Assessment (IAEA) Conference in Kingston, Jamaica, on 25 September 2023.
- ItemOpen AccessFlexible Learning in a Digital Age: Towards a Micro-credential Framework(2022-11-11) Mishra, SanjayaPresented by Dr Sanjaya Mishra, Director: Education, Commonwealth of Learning, at the 2nd Ministerial Summit of the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC), St George’s, Grenada, on 11 November 2022.
- ItemOpen AccessA Green Learning Agenda(2022-03-09) Kanwar, Asha"A Green Learning Agenda” presented by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO at the 38th Commonwealth Diplomat’s Induction Programme, London, United Kingdom, 9 March 2022.
- ItemOpen AccessIntegrating Open Educational Resources in Blended Courses(2021-08-25) Mishra, SanjayaIntegrating Open Educational Resources in Blended Courses: Presentation at the workshop held at Centre for Educational Excellence, Simon Fraser University, Canada on 25 August, 2021.
- ItemOpen AccessPromoting Archival Practices using Open Licenses(2021-07-10) Mishra, SanjayaPromoting Archival Practices using Open Licenses: Presentation by Dr. Sanjaya Mishra, Education Specialist, eLearning at the Webinar on “Protecting and Promoting the Visual Northeast India” organised by the University of California Los Angeles, USA and Gauhati University, India on July 10, 2021.
- ItemOpen AccessPromoting OER in the Caribbean COL’s Key Activities Since 2019(2022-12-14) Mays, TonyInvited presentation by Dr Tony Mays, COL Education Specialist: Open Schooling, to the 14 December 2022 UNESCO Regional Consultation Meeting on COL’s promotion of OER in the Caribbean. Many countries have large and growing numbers of NEETs. Traditional schooling cannot meet the needs of these learners so open schooling approaches are needed. This can help make schooling systems more resilient when physical schools need to close and learning needs to be managed digitally. A key value-add for open education provision is the development and sharing of curriculum-based OER. COL has therefore promoted OER quite extensively in the Caribbean and will continue to do so.
- ItemOpen AccessReception at Canada House(2022-07-06) Kanwar, AshaPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO, at the Reception for the Commonwealth of Learning and the Commonwealth Study Conference hosted by the High Commissioner for Canada in the United Kingdom, at Canada House, London, United Kingdom, on 6 July 2022.
- ItemOpen AccessRegional Focal Points Meeting- Caribbean: Day 1 Recap(2023-01-31) Adekunle, WalePresented by Professor Wale Adekunle, COL Adviser: Lifelong Learning for Farmers at the Regional Focal Points Meeting – CARIBBEAN held in Jamaica, 30-31 January 2023.
- ItemOpen AccessTechnology Empowered Education - The Promise of AI(2023-11-29) Kanwar, AshaVideo presentation by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning, at the Cyril Potter College of Education (CPCE) Graduation Ceremony, Guyana on 29 November 2023.
- ItemOpen AccessThe Impact of AI & Digital Technology on Higher Education Quality and Workforce Development(2023-10-26) Balaji, VenkataramanPresented by Dr Venkataraman Balaji, COL Vice President at the Caribbean Area Network for Quality Assurance (CANQATE) Annual Conference, 24-26 October 2023, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. Organised by the University of Trinidad and Tobago.