Browsing Technology by Region "Pan-Commonwealth"
Now showing 1 - 20 of 23
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessAnimator(2018) Mohanty, Ranajit; Douglas, Tara; Mohanty, Siba P; Pattanayak, Chandrabhanu; Sharma, Vibha; Wasi, JehanaraThis is a complete animation and visual effects production-ready training course aligned to National Occupational Standard (NOS) MES/ Q 0701 of Media and Entertainment Skills Council, India. The course aims to assist production of animated films and is suitable for designer, producer, editor of short industry standard animation films.
- ItemOpen AccessCamera Operator(2018) Bahinipati, Subrat; Sharma, Vibha; Mohanty, Siba P; Mishra, Ambika S; Pattanayak, Chandrabhanu; Sharma, Vibha; Wasi, JehanaraThis course is a skill development programme for camera operators aligned to the National Occupational Standard (NOS) MES/ Q 0902 of Media and Entertainment Skills Council, India. Individuals at this job role need to operate the camera during shoots in accordance to instructions provided by the Director of Photography (DoP). They also need to coordinate efforts of the camera crew during shoots.
- ItemMetadata onlyCertificate in Web Application Development(2018)The Certificate in Web Application Development consists of five courses developed by three Open Universities with COL support. These advanced ICT skill courses are part of COL’s Technology-Enabled Learning initiative and are now available for use by any institution to offer courses and programmes for improving livelihoods of the youth in the Commonwealth.
- ItemMetadata onlyDigital Literacy LAB for Educators(2021-04) Pauncefort, EmmaThe Digital Literacy Lab for Educators (DLLE) offers an essential course of personal and professional development for instructors, mentors, learners, and anyone interested in new approaches to education. The course is centred on supporting individuals to become more responsible ‘netizens’ or engage in good ‘netizenship’. For student and educator alike, it is essential to have good digital literacy skills to participate meaningfully and responsibly in the online world. The uncertain future facing the education sector and indeed, society at large as triggered by the Covid-19 crisis, makes the need for widespread digital literacy even greater. DLLE sets itself apart from other resources in the digital literacy space by connecting the dots between critical thinking and literacy, and the digital world. This means that the focus is on cognitive skills rather than technical knowledge development. Participants will be pushed to rethink how their activity online and offline contributes to their personal and professional development.
- ItemOpen AccessDigital Video Editing(2018) Sachdeva, Daljit; Kumar, Sudhansu; Mishra, Ambika S; Pattanayak, Chandrabhanu; Sharma, Vibha; Wasi, JehanaraThe digital video editing courses is a skill development programme aligned to National Occupational Standard (NOS) MES/ Q 1401 of Media and Entertainment Skills Council, India. This is based on Adobe Premier pro.
- ItemMetadata onlyDiploma in Mobile Application Development(2018)The Diploma in Mobile Application Development consists of seven courses developed by four Open Universities with COL support. These advanced ICT skill courses are part of COL’s Technology-Enabled Learning initiative and are now available for use by any institution to offer courses and programmes for improving livelihoods of the youth in the Commonwealth.
- ItemOpen AccessImage Design and Animation(2017) Onwodi, Gregory; Osang, Francis; Jituboh, Enakeno; Olekan, Ogundipe; Onwodi, GregoryThis course covers basics of image design and animation in the context of mobile development. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Android(2017) Perera, W A S N; Nananyakkara, J; Werapitiya, B K; Rajasingham, S; Premaratne, U S; Erandaka, W U; Wickramasinghe, W W A I D; Ratnayake, H U W; Goonatilleke, C W S; Meedin, G S NThis course will enable you with basic computing skills to develop mobile applications with Android operating system. Fundamental concepts of Android, theoretical and practical knowledge to develop an app incorporating multimedia and security, and performance issues of Android are discussed here. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemMetadata onlyIntroduction to Artificial Intelligence for IT and Non-IT Professionals(2021-05) Alvi, Zafar"Artificial Intelligence (AI) for IT and non-IT professionals" course targets both IT professionals and Non-IT professionals. The objective of the course is to introduce the basic concepts of Artificial intelligence to provide an overview of the basic AI techniques with the help of innovations such as a case study and simple examples as well as web graphics to keep the audience interested in the subject. Material is also included for more serious learners who may like to take it up further. The idea is also to remove the fear-factor among the general audience. Various artificial intelligence techniques such as knowledge representation, reasoning, and search strategy, rules, learning techniques, AI tools will be used to demonstrate the case study. Presented by Dr Zafar Alvi at the Virtual University of Pakistan.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Databases(2016) Mbwete, Grace W; Lukwaro, Elia A; Kimaro, JustinThis course will equip students with ICT skills which include theory and practical of fundamental concepts of database management systems, data modelling techniques, data normalization, Structured Query Language (SQL) and finally, database development process. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Windows Mobile and IOS(2017) Astya, Parma N; Kumar, Vikas; Jain, Priyanka; Kumar, Ela; Rai, Deepak; Kumar, Sachin; Kumar, NaveenThis course will help learners to design and develop a simple mobile App in Windows and iOS. This course also covers the architecture of Windows and iOS. It is also useful to know about user interfaces for development of apps in Windows and iOS. After going through this course, you will be able to design simple apps with database and you will be able use database for apps in Windows and iOS. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessMachine Learning for Everyone(2023-06) Zin, Abdullah Mohd; Mansor, Zulkifli; Kumar, Vivekanandan SThis course introduces Machine Learning to everyone. Machine learning is a subset of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that enables computer systems to learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. It is done by developing computer programs that can access data and use it to learn for themselves. With the appropriate machine learning models, organisations can use these systems to continually observe changes in their business to predict what may be coming next. In this micro course, you will learn about machine learning, its techniques, and why it is important for all of us. This micro course presents machine learning concepts and techniques and the relation of machine learning to our everyday life in a way that anyone can understand. This course skips confusing academic jargon and offers clear explanations that require only basic mathematics. The online interactive version of the course is at https://colcommons.org/
- ItemOpen AccessMassive Open Online Course on Introduction to Technology-Enabled Learning: Course Materials(2017-01) Mishra, Sanjaya; Cleveland-Innes, Martha; Ostashewski, NathanielThis is a compilation of the course contents of the massive open online course (MOOC) on Introduction to Technology-Enabled Learning (TEL) offered jointly by COL and Athabasca University. // The course materials are provided here for information only in ‘as is’ manner to prospective learners and institutions interested in participating in the future TEL-MOOCs or adopting these to offer in their own programme. For a deeper engagement on the subject, we recommend you to join our future TEL-MOOC offer.
- ItemOpen AccessPrinciples of Design(2016) Mutalib, Ariffin A; Hamidon, Zahari; Omar, Ridha; Hashim, Hazalina; Yusoff, YuzeryThis course covers design principles for web and helps to develop website balanced with aesthetic values and usability. It is part of the five courses related to Web Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessProgramming with Python(2017) Perera, W A S N; Madurapperuma, A P; Dabare, P T R; Ratnayake, H U W; Werapitiya, B K; Rajasingham, S; De Silva, N T; Meedin, G S N; Herath, M H M N D; Koggalahewa, D NThis course will enable students with basic ICT skills to develop mobile applications with Python. Fundamental programming concepts of Python, theoretical and practical knowledge to develop programs in Python are discussed here. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessRepair and Maintenance of Mobile Cell Phones(2015-09) Douglas, MuasyaThrough the INVEST Africa partnership of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), representatives of four Kenyan institutes, namely Masai Technical Training Institute, Coast Institute of Technology, Thika Technical Training Institute and Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, developed a course on the repair and maintenance of mobile cell phones. Mobile technology has become one of the fastest growing technologies in the world. Today people use mobile phones to stay in touch with friends and family, to share stories and photographs in social media, and to carry out financial transactions. This widespread ownership and use of mobile phones has created a need for professionals who can repair and service mobile phones. This course has been developed to address that need. The course targets people who would like to start and run a mobile repair and servicing business. By the end of this course you should be able to disassemble and assemble a mobile phone, diagnose the problem, service and repair a mobile phone with the help of proper tools and instruments.