Browsing 2016-2020 by Region "Caribbean and Americas"
Now showing 1 - 20 of 34
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessAssessment of Competencies in Digital Learning: All About Change(2020-11-10) Neal, TerryDelivered by Terry Neal, Education Specialist: Technical and Vocational Skills Development (TVSD), Commonwealth of Learning at a webinar THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON TVET DELIVERY. ICT Enabled Technical and Vocational Education and Training Delivery: Educational Continuity and Resilience in the TVET Sector in CARICOM member States on Tuesday 10 November, 2020. Terry’s presentation Assessment of competencies in digital learning: All about change stresses the importance of considering how to support people to change when introducing digital learning, and describes COL’s experience supporting change in three African TVET projects.
- ItemOpen AccessCOL-Coursera Virtual Convocation for Caribbean Graduates of the Workforce Recovery Initiative(2020-09-22) Kanwar, AshaConvocation address delivered by Professor Asha Kanwar, President and CEO, Commonwealth of Learning at the COL-Coursera Virtual Convocation Caribbean on September 22, 2020.
- ItemOpen AccessCollaborative Approach to OER Policy and Guidelines Development in the Commonwealth: The Case of Botswana, Cameroon and Sri Lanka(2018-05-30) Abeywardena, Ishan SPresented by Dr Ishan Abeywardena, Adviser: Open Educational Resources, Commonwealth of Learning, at the Festival of Learning 2018, Vancouver, Canada, 30 May 2018. // Access to relevant learning resources is an important aspect in ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all as outlined in SDG4. The Commonwealth of Learning (COL) has identified the development of OER as a potential answer to these challenges. A total of 29 provincial OER policies and guidelines were drafted in Sri Lanka, Botswana and Cameroon closely involving the provincial policy makers for school education. This session aims to share how this bottom-up approach was used to ensure wider advocacy for OER and the increased uptake/ownership from a larger number of policy makers/implementers spread throughout these developing countries.
- ItemOpen AccessThe Commonwealth of Learning: Promoting Learning for Sustainable Development(2016-05-26) Kanwar, AshaPresented to the Commonwealth High Commissioners luncheon in Ottawa, Canada, 26 May 2016 by Professor Asha Kanwar, President and CEO, Commonwealth of Learning.
- ItemOpen AccessDigital Education: The Art of the Possible(2020-05-06) Kanwar, Asha“Digital Education: the art of the possible.” Presentation by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President and CEO, at the e-Symposium “Digital Education: the Art of the Possible, Now!” hosted by Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, St Lucia, on 6 May 2020.
- ItemOpen AccessEmpowering Girls for Ending Child Early and Forced Marriage(2019-06-06) Kanwar, Asha; Ferreira, FrancesPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, and Senior Adviser: Women and Girls, Ms Frances J. Ferreira, Commonwealth of Learning, at the Women Deliver 2019 Conference, 6 June 2019.
- ItemOpen AccessExpanding Access, Openness and Flexibility(2017-10-17) Kanwar, AshaPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning, at the World Conference on Online Learning: Teaching in a Digital Age - Re-thinking Teaching & Learning, 17 October 2017, Toronto, Canada.
- ItemOpen AccessFailure of Access: Rethinking Open Education(2017-03-28) Abeywardena, IshanPresented by Dr. Ishan Abeywardena, Adviser - Open Educational Resources, Commonwealth of Learning, at the keynote presentation for Open Education Week at Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada on 28 March 2017.
- ItemOpen AccessHow can we use learning to support development?(2016-05-01) Kanwar, AshaVideo presentation delivered at the National Student Commonwealth Forum, Ottawa, Canada, May1-6, 2016 by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning.
- ItemOpen AccessICT, Education and Social Transformation: COL's Experience in "Learning for Sustainable Development" & Its Relevance to Jamaica(2016-10-26) Balasubramanian, KPresented by Dr. K. Balasubramanian, Vice-President, COL, at the ICT in Education Conference 2016, EduVision, October 26, 2016, Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
- ItemOpen AccessInnovations in Higher Education: Re-Imagining Learning(2018-07-13) Kanwar, Asha; Mohee, RomeelaPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning, at the 17th Annual Association of Caribbean Higher Education Administrators (ACHEA) Conference, 13 July 2018. Co-written with Professor Romeela Mohee, Education Specialist: Higher Education, Commonwealth of Learning.
- ItemOpen AccessLaunch of the COL-Coursera Workforce Recovery Initiative in Barbados(2020-08-19) Kanwar, AshaSpeech delivered by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President and CEO, at the online ceremony hosted by the Ministry of Labour and Social Partnership Relations, Barbados on 19 August 2020.
- ItemOpen AccessLearners Our Common Wealth: Towards Lifelong Learning for All(2019-05-23) Kanwar, Asha; Mishra, SanjayaPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning at the Council for Education in the Commonwealth Annual Conference 21 to 23 May 2019. Prepared with Dr Sanjaya Mishra, Education Specialist: eLearning, COL.
- ItemOpen AccessMassive Open Online Courses for Development (MOOC4D)(2017-10-17) Kanwar, Asha; Balaji, VenkataramanPresentation by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO and Dr Venkataraman Balaji, Director of Technology and Knowledge Management, Commonwealth of Learning. Delivered by Dr Venkataraman Balaji at the Pre-Conference Symposium of the 2017 E-Learn — World Conference on E-Learning, 17 October 2017, Vancouver, Canada.
- ItemOpen AccessOER for Inclusive and Equitable Quality Education: From Commitment to Action(2017-04-03) Kanwar, Asha; Mishra, Sanjaya; Abeywardena, IshanPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, Commonwealth of Learning, at the Latin America and Caribbean Open Educational Resources Regional Conference, Sao Paulo, Brazil, on 3 April 2017. Co-written with Dr Sanjaya Mishra, COL and Dr Ishan Abeywardena, COL.