Browsing 2021-2025 by Subject "Capacity Building"
Now showing 1 - 6 of 6
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessCapacity-building of Teachers and Parents in Cyber Safety and Security: The COL Experience(2022-11-23) Kanwar, Asha; Balaji, Venkataraman; Ogange, BettyPresented by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO at the International Conference on Cyberlaw, Cybercrime and Cybersecurity in India, on 23 November 2022. Co-written with Dr V Balaji, Vice President, COL, and Dr Betty Ogange, Education Specialist: Teacher Education, COL.
- ItemOpen AccessCommonwealth of Learning: Rethinking Education for Innovation, Growth, Innovation in a Post-Covid World(2022-04-28) Kanwar, Asha"Commonwealth of Learning: Rethinking Education for Innovation, Growth, Innovation in a Post-Covid World", presentation of COL progress report and workplan by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO, at the 21st Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers (21CCEM), Nairobi, Kenya, on 28 April 2022.
- ItemOpen AccessCommonwealth’s Support to Member States in Achieving SDGs: Emerging Gaps in Education(2022-03-09) Balaji, Venkataraman; Cheng, RickyAnalysis of gaps in achieving SDG4 requires use of official data gathered by the UNESCO institute of Statistics from member countries. We have presented a comparison of data and trends for three select indicators for SDG4; the comparison is of trends in the indicators between the world and the group of Commonwealth countries. The period is 2015-2020. Data for the year 2021 is not yet available thus making it difficult to use any estimate of impact of Covid-19 based on official figures. We note that Commonwealth countries, as a group are lagging behind the global trends in the selected indicators. What also emerges is that a number of member countries have not furnished data for the indicators. They include a few large countries; some OECD countries are also included. The same countries have a reasonable amount of relevant data in their own national data platforms that are publicly accessible. One suggestion is to extend capacity building support especially to Small island Developing States (SIDs) in data capture and sharing with platforms managed by Inter-Governmental Organisations who are reporting on progress towards SDGs. // Virtually presented by Dr Venkataraman Balaji, Vice President, Commonwealth of Learning, at the 38th Commonwealth Diplomat’s Induction Programme, London, United Kingdom, 9 March 2022.
- ItemOpen AccessImplementing the UNESCO OER Recommendation: COL Experiences(2021-06-03) Mishra, SanjayaImplementing the UNESCO OER Recommendation: COL Experiences: Presentation by Dr. Sanjaya Mishra, Education Specialist, eLearning at the online panel discussion during Annual Conference of the Asian Association of Open Universities held at Open University of Sri Lanka on 3 June 2021.
- ItemOpen AccessResponding to Education Ministers During Covid-19(2022-03-10) Kanwar, Asha“Responding to Education Ministers During Covid-19” presented by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO, at the 38th Commonwealth Diplomat’s Induction Programme, London, United Kingdom, 10 March 2022.
- ItemOpen AccessShaping the Future of Teacher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa(2023-07) Kanwar, Asha; Ogange, BettyVideo presentation delivered by Professor Asha Kanwar, COL President & CEO at DETA Conference 2023, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda on 25 July 2023. Co-written with Dr Betty Ogange, COL Education Specialist: Teacher Education.