Browsing Technology by Subject "Computer Science"
Now showing 1 - 10 of 10
Results Per Page
- ItemMetadata onlyCertificate in Web Application Development(2018)The Certificate in Web Application Development consists of five courses developed by three Open Universities with COL support. These advanced ICT skill courses are part of COL’s Technology-Enabled Learning initiative and are now available for use by any institution to offer courses and programmes for improving livelihoods of the youth in the Commonwealth.
- ItemMetadata onlyComputer Security, Forensics and Ethical Hacking(2018-06) Chiniah, A; Jaunbuccus, S; Halkhoree, RThe aim of this course is to equip learners with the knowledge and techniques for computer forensics practices and evidence analysis. It prepares learners to use various forensic investigation approaches and tools necessary to start a computer forensics investigation. It also aims at increasing the knowledge and understanding in cyber security and ethical hacking.
- ItemMetadata onlyIntroduction to Artificial Intelligence for IT and Non-IT Professionals(2021-05) Alvi, Zafar"Artificial Intelligence (AI) for IT and non-IT professionals" course targets both IT professionals and Non-IT professionals. The objective of the course is to introduce the basic concepts of Artificial intelligence to provide an overview of the basic AI techniques with the help of innovations such as a case study and simple examples as well as web graphics to keep the audience interested in the subject. Material is also included for more serious learners who may like to take it up further. The idea is also to remove the fear-factor among the general audience. Various artificial intelligence techniques such as knowledge representation, reasoning, and search strategy, rules, learning techniques, AI tools will be used to demonstrate the case study. Presented by Dr Zafar Alvi at the Virtual University of Pakistan.
- ItemOpen AccessLinux for IT Managers Course Guide(2009) Kimolo, Nicholas; Virtual University for the Small States of the Commonwealth (VUSSC)This manual course content can be used by learners preparing for other certifications including Linux+ and the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Certification. The main focus of this manual, though, will be to provide real life, hands‐on solutions that commonly affect Technical and Mid Level IT Managers. This manual is intended for the following groups of professionals: Technical IT professionals (System Administrators, Network Administrators and Technical Specialists); IT Security Professionals; Database Administrators; Computer Programmers and Software Developers; IT Consultants; and any other ICT professional with interest in Linux and Open Source Software. // This manual will assume that the learner has previous computer knowledge, but not necessarily in Linux. The learner should have prior knowledge on the use of computers at a basic level. Programmers, novice System Administrators, and new users of Linux looking for comprehensive Linux instructions will find this manual of benefit.
- ItemOpen AccessMachine Learning for Everyone(2023-06) Zin, Abdullah Mohd; Mansor, Zulkifli; Kumar, Vivekanandan SThis course introduces Machine Learning to everyone. Machine learning is a subset of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that enables computer systems to learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. It is done by developing computer programs that can access data and use it to learn for themselves. With the appropriate machine learning models, organisations can use these systems to continually observe changes in their business to predict what may be coming next. In this micro course, you will learn about machine learning, its techniques, and why it is important for all of us. This micro course presents machine learning concepts and techniques and the relation of machine learning to our everyday life in a way that anyone can understand. This course skips confusing academic jargon and offers clear explanations that require only basic mathematics. The online interactive version of the course is at https://colcommons.org/
- ItemOpen AccessPrinciples of Design(2016) Mutalib, Ariffin A; Hamidon, Zahari; Omar, Ridha; Hashim, Hazalina; Yusoff, YuzeryThis course covers design principles for web and helps to develop website balanced with aesthetic values and usability. It is part of the five courses related to Web Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessWeb Programming - II (Server Side Scripting)(2016) Ombeni, Mathias; Thomas, Emmanuel; Kimaro, JustinWeb programming is the practice of writing applications that run on a web server and can be used by many different people. Web programming allows you to turn a simple, static HTML page into a dynamic masterpiece. It allows others to interact with your web site and use the application on any computer with Internet access. It is often easier than programming applications that will run directly on the computer. It allows you to make or edit anything dynamic on your website, such as a forum, a guestbook, or even a form submission. This course will help you understand, what web programming is and why you might want to do it. It is part of the five courses related to Web Application Development.