Browsing Technology by Subject "Information and Communication Technology (ICT)"
Now showing 1 - 20 of 30
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen Access2D Animation(2018) Kar, Bhagbat; Tripathy, Ramyaranjan; Padhi, Sanghamitra; Mishra, Chitta R; Das, Prateek; Munda, Olive A; Bishnu, A B; Sahu, SanjayThis course covers in-depth theory and practice of 2D animation design and production, including the use of open source software. It has five modules: introduction to 2D animation, layout and designing, graphics and advertisement design practical, broadcast design practical, and Production/ Post Production Practical.
- ItemOpen Access3D Animation(2018) Nair, Praseed; Balaji, A C; Anuradha, SThis course covers 3D visual designing and animation using open source software. It has five modules: Modelling, Shading, Animation and Rigging, Lighting and Rendering, and Dynamics. It follows a practical approach to multimedia animation.
- ItemOpen AccessAnimator(2018) Mohanty, Ranajit; Douglas, Tara; Mohanty, Siba P; Pattanayak, Chandrabhanu; Sharma, Vibha; Wasi, JehanaraThis is a complete animation and visual effects production-ready training course aligned to National Occupational Standard (NOS) MES/ Q 0701 of Media and Entertainment Skills Council, India. The course aims to assist production of animated films and is suitable for designer, producer, editor of short industry standard animation films.
- ItemOpen AccessAudio Visual Production(2018) Puhan, Anadi; Mishra, Sambit; Sengupta, Sourav; Nath, Kaushik; Kar, Bhagbat; Majhi, Narasingh; Kanungo, Durgadatta; Das, Padmalochan; Padhi, SanghamitraThis course covers aspects of digital audio video production for multimedia development. It has five modules: Audio production, Video (pre-production), Video (Production), Video (Post Production), and Practical assignment. Covering open source and free software, it provides in-depth understanding of theory as well as a practical approach to audio video production in the digital environment.
- ItemOpen AccessCamera Operator(2018) Bahinipati, Subrat; Sharma, Vibha; Mohanty, Siba P; Mishra, Ambika S; Pattanayak, Chandrabhanu; Sharma, Vibha; Wasi, JehanaraThis course is a skill development programme for camera operators aligned to the National Occupational Standard (NOS) MES/ Q 0902 of Media and Entertainment Skills Council, India. Individuals at this job role need to operate the camera during shoots in accordance to instructions provided by the Director of Photography (DoP). They also need to coordinate efforts of the camera crew during shoots.
- ItemMetadata onlyCertificate in Web Application Development(2018)The Certificate in Web Application Development consists of five courses developed by three Open Universities with COL support. These advanced ICT skill courses are part of COL’s Technology-Enabled Learning initiative and are now available for use by any institution to offer courses and programmes for improving livelihoods of the youth in the Commonwealth.
- ItemOpen AccessCommonwealth Computer Navigator's Certificate(2009) Commonwealth of LearningCOL launched this programme to widen access to information and communications technologies (ICTs) skills training using free software. Sir John Daniel, President of COL, announced the initiation of the Commonwealth Computer Navigator's Certificate (CCNC) on 16 September to coincide with Software Freedom Day 2006. The CCNC allows learners to acquire ICTs skills in the tools of their choice. COL will add value to the existing materials of the Open International Computer Drivers License created by the Go Open Source campaign in South Africa and distribute the training as free content for anyone to use, modify and distribute. By using free content, the CCNC will create more opportunities to acquire the prerequisite ICTs skills, throwing a wide bridge across the digital divide. Also available upon request from COL in multi-media format. // Contents: Module 1 - Concepts of Information Technology ; Module 2 - Using the Computer and Managing Files ; Module 3 - Word Processing Using OpenOffice Writer ; Module 4 - Spreadsheets Using OpenOffice CALC ; Module 5 - Database Management Using OpenOffice Base ; Module 6 - Presentations Using OpenOffice Impress ; Module 7 - Information and Communications using Firefox and Novell Evolution
- ItemMetadata onlyComputer Security, Forensics and Ethical Hacking(2018-06) Chiniah, A; Jaunbuccus, S; Halkhoree, RThe aim of this course is to equip learners with the knowledge and techniques for computer forensics practices and evidence analysis. It prepares learners to use various forensic investigation approaches and tools necessary to start a computer forensics investigation. It also aims at increasing the knowledge and understanding in cyber security and ethical hacking.
- ItemOpen AccessDigital Imaging(2018) Naqvi, Arif H; Sahu, Biranchi P; Sundaram, R Mohana; Tripathy, Ramyaranjan; Little, Bhupesh; Yadav, AjayThis is an introductory course on digital imaging at a diploma level, and covers: fundamentals of computer graphics, print graphics, TV graphics, pixel, resolution, bitmaps, color theory, VFX, etc. There are five block of learning materials: introduction, aesthetics and artistry, graphic software, preparation of digital media, finishing digital media output.
- ItemOpen AccessDigital Video Editing(2018) Sachdeva, Daljit; Kumar, Sudhansu; Mishra, Ambika S; Pattanayak, Chandrabhanu; Sharma, Vibha; Wasi, JehanaraThe digital video editing courses is a skill development programme aligned to National Occupational Standard (NOS) MES/ Q 1401 of Media and Entertainment Skills Council, India. This is based on Adobe Premier pro.
- ItemMetadata onlyDiploma in Mobile Application Development(2018)The Diploma in Mobile Application Development consists of seven courses developed by four Open Universities with COL support. These advanced ICT skill courses are part of COL’s Technology-Enabled Learning initiative and are now available for use by any institution to offer courses and programmes for improving livelihoods of the youth in the Commonwealth.
- ItemMetadata onlyDiploma in Multimedia and Animation(2018)The Diploma in Multimedia and Animation (DMA) has five courses and a project and is developed by the Odisha State Open University (OSOU) as a skill development programme. The five courses in this programme were developed with COL’s support under the advanced ICT Skills project of the Technology-Enabled Learning initiative.
- ItemOpen AccessImage Design and Animation(2017) Onwodi, Gregory; Osang, Francis; Jituboh, Enakeno; Olekan, Ogundipe; Onwodi, GregoryThis course covers basics of image design and animation in the context of mobile development. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Android(2017) Perera, W A S N; Nananyakkara, J; Werapitiya, B K; Rajasingham, S; Premaratne, U S; Erandaka, W U; Wickramasinghe, W W A I D; Ratnayake, H U W; Goonatilleke, C W S; Meedin, G S NThis course will enable you with basic computing skills to develop mobile applications with Android operating system. Fundamental concepts of Android, theoretical and practical knowledge to develop an app incorporating multimedia and security, and performance issues of Android are discussed here. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemMetadata onlyIntroduction to Artificial Intelligence for IT and Non-IT Professionals(2021-05) Alvi, Zafar"Artificial Intelligence (AI) for IT and non-IT professionals" course targets both IT professionals and Non-IT professionals. The objective of the course is to introduce the basic concepts of Artificial intelligence to provide an overview of the basic AI techniques with the help of innovations such as a case study and simple examples as well as web graphics to keep the audience interested in the subject. Material is also included for more serious learners who may like to take it up further. The idea is also to remove the fear-factor among the general audience. Various artificial intelligence techniques such as knowledge representation, reasoning, and search strategy, rules, learning techniques, AI tools will be used to demonstrate the case study. Presented by Dr Zafar Alvi at the Virtual University of Pakistan.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Computers(2011-11) Powley, Roger; Virtual University for the Small States of the Commonwealth (VUSSC); Commonwealth of LearningThe Introduction to Computers course will prepare future entrepreneurs to operate computer hardware and software applications. Participants will gain an understanding of computer hardware, operating systems, office applications and networks. It will ensure the entrepreneur is able to apply the concepts of networks, the Internet, World Wide Web, and mobile technologies and how they could potentially support a successful business operation.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Databases(2016) Mbwete, Grace W; Lukwaro, Elia A; Kimaro, JustinThis course will equip students with ICT skills which include theory and practical of fundamental concepts of database management systems, data modelling techniques, data normalization, Structured Query Language (SQL) and finally, database development process. It is part of the seven courses related to Mobile Application Development.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Multimedia(2018) Paikray, Bijay; Mallick, Chandrakanta; Sundaram, R Mohana; Sharma, Rakesh; Sengupta, Sourav; Mishra, Shreesthi S; Kar, Bhagabat; Pradhan, Dhruba C; Das, Subhang K; Yadav, Ajay; Jena, ChirasrotaThis course provides an introduction to multimedia and covers software and hardware requirements. There are five blocks of learning resources: Computers and Networks, Content Development and Distribution, Arts and Science of Multimedia, Programme Production Techniques, and Media Management and Marketing.