Browsing Reports by Subject "Assessment"
Now showing 1 - 5 of 5
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessOpen Schooling as a Strategy for Second-chance Education in the Pacific: A Desk Study Report(2011) Bakalevu, SalanietaThe country Report in this study confirm that the provision of conventional schooling is neither adequate nor effective in fulfilling the national and regional aspirations of EFA. The Report highlight uneven access to secondary education because of too few secondary schools, large numbers of untrained teachers and the high costs of maintaining secondary education. In the midst of all this, high numbers of students continue to leave school at various levels without a secondary qualification. Low transition rates from primary to secondary and from lower to upper secondary levels are worrying in all PICs.
- ItemOpen AccessReport of the Benchmarking of Technology-Enabled Learning at Universiti Malaysia Sabah(2020-12) Mishra, SanjayaThis report presents the benchmarking of technology-enabled learning carried out at the Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) during September-December 2020. Adopting COL’s TEL Benchmarking Toolkit during the COVD-19, a team of university officials embarked upon the task supported by a COL consultant. The report indicates improvement in the integration of information and communication technologies in teaching and learning at in UMS in comparison to the baseline study conducted in 2018.
- ItemOpen AccessReport of the Massive Open Online Course on Authentic Assessment for Online Learning (AAOL)(2022-11) Openo, Jason; Prud’homme-Genereux, Annie; Hodgkinson, Melissa; Keown, James; Wilton, DanAuthentic Assessment for Online Learning (AAOL) is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) first offered through the Commonwealth of Learning May 9 – June 3, 2022 using the mooKIT platform developed by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The course curriculum was initially drafted by Dr. Dianne Conrad and revised by Dr. Jason Openo in the Winter of 2021. AAOL introduced the theory and practice of authentic assessments as the heart of the learning experience, with an emphasis on how authentic assessments intersect with academic integrity and various forms of human diversity. // The final curriculum for the four-week MOOC was provided by content expert Dr. Jason Openo, co-author of Assessment Strategies in Online Learning: Engagement and Authenticity (2018). AAOL explored the concept of learner-centred design for online assessment in higher education using short videos, open access readings, interactive forum discussions, and a learning portfolio assignment designed to model the characteristics and qualities of authentic assessments. Aligned with the theory of constructivism and authentic assessment, AAOL explored the changing nature of work in a digital age and the competencies and skills needed in the contemporary workplace, by focusing on assessment strategies that engage and motivate learners in the e-learning environment, as well as those assessment approaches that promote both academic integrity and deep learning. The course provided an overview of the fundamentals of creating learner-centered digital assessment through 21st century examples using the 5-dimensional framework for authentic assessment as both a tool for diagnosing existing assessments for authenticity, and as a design template for new assessments.
- ItemOpen AccessReport on the Training Consultancy to build Capacity of ODL Practitioners in the area of Design, Development and Management of Distance Education Study Materials in Lesotho(2008) van Rooy, SonjaThis report details the outcome of the “Build capacity of ODL Practitioners in the area of Design, Development and the Management of Study Materials – Lesotho” workshop undertaken by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) from 25 August to 5 September 2005 in Maseru, Lesotho. The purpose of this training was to provide training to ODL practitioners in (i) the design and development of self-instructional materials, and (ii) the use of the ODL Template for course development.
- ItemOpen AccessResearch Study: Training for Blended TVET in Pan Commonwealth Countries(2023-07) Waters, Melinda; Smith, Clint; Petterd, Robin; Okinda, Robert; de Vos, JackieResearch Study: Training for Blended TVET in Pan Commonwealth Countries provides an overview of research into good practice in blended learning in technical and vocational education and training (TVET) and the competencies teachers need to teach in digital learning environments.