Browsing Health Sciences by Title
Now showing 1 - 10 of 10
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen AccessChild Health Course(2007) African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF)This is one of the continuing professional development courses offered by African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF) through distance learning. This course has been revised and contains the most current concepts such as the integrated management of childhood diseases (IMCI), care of the newborn and HIV/AIDS. // Unit 1: Introduction to the course // Unit 2: Integrated management of childhood illnesses // Unit 3: Clinical problem solving // Unit 4: Common problems of the newborn // Unit 5: Growth and development // Unit 6: Health education, promotion and counselling // Unit 7: Nutrition // Unit 8: Anaemia // Unit 9: Immunisation // Unit 10: Malaria // Unit 11: Diarrhoea // Unit 12: Acute respiratory infections // Unit 13: Common ear, nose and throat conditions // Unit 14: HIV/AIDS // Unit 15: Helminthiasis // Unit 16: Oral, eye and skin conditions // Unit 17: Children's mental health problems // Unit 18: Common injuries and accidents // Unit 19: Disabilities and rehabilitation: part 1 // Unit 20: Disabilities and rehabilitation: part 2 // Unit 21: Other conditions
- ItemOpen AccessCommunicable Diseases(2007) African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF)The course units can be downloaded in MSWindows (DOC) and Open Office Document (ODT) formats. Contains 16 units - Unit 1: Introduction to Communicable Diseases - Unit 2: Principles of Infection Prevention & Control - Unit 3: Travel Medicine In Relation to Communicable Diseases - Unit 4: Immunization - Unit 5: Contact Diseases - Unit 6: Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unit 7: HIV/AIDS - Unit 8: Vector Borne Diseases - Unit 9: Malaria - Unit 10: Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases - Unit 11: Diseases of Faecal-oral Contamination - Unit 12: Helminthic Diseases - Unit 13: Acute Respiratory Infections - Unit 14: Meningitis - Unit 15: Tuberculosis and Leprosy - Unit 16: Diseases of Contact With Animals or Animal Products
- ItemOpen AccessDrug Management and Rational Use(2007) African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF)The aim of this course on drug management and rational use is to improve the quality of health care through cost-effective use of medicines. This course is made up of the following six (6) units: Unit 1 - Policies and Drug Control - Unit 2 - Selection of Medicines - Unit 3 - Procurement and Medicine Quality - Unit 4 - Distribution of Medicines - Unit 5 - Rational Drug Use - Unit 6 - Organization and Management of Drug Supply // The course units can be downloaded in MSWindows (DOC) and Open Office Document (ODT) formats.
- ItemOpen AccessFood and Nutrition: For the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate(2012) Commonwealth of LearningFood and Nutrition For the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate has been produced by COL Open School Initiative Trinidad and Tobago.All course blueprints produced by COL Open School Initiative Trinidad and Tobago are structured in the same way, as outlined below.
- ItemOpen AccessIntegrated HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care(2007) African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF)The overall objective of this course is to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes of healthcare service providers requisite to the provision of comprehensive care to people living with HIV/AIDS and their families. The course units can be downloaded in DOC (MS Word) and ODT (Open Office Document) formats.
- ItemOpen AccessInto the Commonwealth and the Millennium with STEP: Surgeons-in-Training Education Programme of the Royal College of Surgeons of England(2000) Alluwihare, A P RCommonwealth of Learning Description: * Guidelines to the Reader * Module 0 - A different orientation * Module 1 - Surgical Diagnosis * Module 2 - Trauma and Resuscitation * Module 3 - Preparation for Surgery: Anaesthesia and Abdominal Surgery * Module 4 - Control of Infection: Orthopaedics * Module 5 - Surgical Access and Abdominal Surgery * Module 6 - Fluid Balance and Urology * Module 7 - Post Operative Care: Surgery of the Neck and Thorax * Module 8 - Intensive Care: Vascular Surgery * Module 9 - Evaluation of Surgery: Breast and Adrenal Glands * Questions
- ItemMetadata onlyIntroduction to Biorisk Management(2020-08)Biological agents pose a significant challenge to public health across the world. The emergence of pathogens which have developed resistance to antibiotics and their potential use in bioterrorism has prompted governments to manage the threats posed by these agents by adopting stringent bio risk management practices. This course has been designed and developed to introduce you to diverse biological agents, their classification into risk groups and the practices and procedures recommended by global organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Biological risk management commences with risk assessment, followed by risk mitigation and finally performance assessment. This course will discuss each of these aspects of bio risk management over a duration of five weeks. Participants will engage in a global collaborative online environment to lean and develop competencies for managing bio risks.
- ItemOpen AccessMalaria Prevention, Control and Management(2007) African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF)This course is intended to it was intended to: * Provide health workers at different levels of health care service with knowledge, skills, practice and attitudes on malaria prevention and control through self-guided/tutored materials on malaria; * Provide you with a quick reference for use at your place of work so that you can effect prompt diagnosis, appropriate treatment and/or referral of malaria cases; * To provide you with simple diagnostic and treatment guidelines which you can internalize through self-guided learning. This course is available in Microsoft Word (DOC) or Open Office Document (ODT) // Includes: Introduction to the Course - Unit 1: About Malaria - Unit 2: Clinical Assessment of Malaria - Unit 3: Severe and Complicated Malaria - Unit 4: Treatment of Malaria - Unit 5: Treatment Defaults in Malaria - Unit 6: Referral in Severe and Complicated Malaria - Unit 7: Malaria in Pregnancy - Unit 8: Prevention and Control of Malaria - Unit 9: Community Based Management of Fever and Malaria in Children - Unit 10: HIV/AIDS and Malaria - Unit 11: Counselling and Health Education on Malaria - Unit 12: Malaria Surveillance
- ItemOpen AccessManagement of Drug Supplies: a distance learning course(1995) Commonwealth Pharmaceutical AssociationThe modules are as below: * Course Introduction * Module 1: The context of drug supply management * Module 2: Drug policy and the context of control * Module 3: Health care structure and management * Module 4: Financing drug supply * Module 5: Selection and quantification * Module 6: Procurement & quality testing of drugs * Module 7: Stock Management * Module 8: Distribution * Module 9: Regulation & drug liable to abuse * Module 10: Human resource management
- ItemOpen AccessWater Safe : An Introduction to Water Quality Issues. Food safe : A Response to the Training Needs of Food Service Workers.(1999) Commonwealth of Learning; Vancouver Community College* Introduction to Food Safe/Water Safe -Background to Water Safe -Background to Food Safe * Module 1: Water Safe -Welcome to Water safe -Section 1: Dirty water and disease -Section 2: Preventing Sickness -Section 3: Making your water safe to drink * Module 2: Food Safe -About the Food Safe Instructors Guide -Food Safe Overview -Section 1: Microbiology -Section 2: Food borne illness -Section 3: Personal Hygiene and Health -Section 4: Serving and Dispensing -Section 5: Food Protection and Preparation -Section 6: Receiving and Storing Food Safely -Section 7: Dishwashing and Storage methods -Case Study