Browsing 2011-2015 by Document Type "Presentation"
Now showing 1 - 20 of 262
Results Per Page
- ItemOpen Access61st Annual Convocation address of Chief Guest prof. Asha Kanwar(2011-12-07) Kanwar, AshaA video of Professor Asha Kanwar's Convocation Address at the SNDT Women’s University (7 December 2011) held in Mumbai, India. Duration: 15:28
- ItemOpen AccessAdding Global Value(2015-11-28) Kanwar, AshaPresented at CHOGM Malta 2015 at the Foreign Ministers’ Roundtable on 28 November 2015 by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO.
- ItemOpen AccessAdvancing Research in Commonwealth Africa: some reflections(2015-10-19) Kanwar, Asha; Gatsha, GodsonPresented at Botswana College of Distance and Open Learning (BOCODOL), 19 October 2015 by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO (co-written with Dr Godson Gatsha, Education Specialist – Higher Education).
- ItemOpen AccessAdvancing Research in Commonwealth Africa: Some Reflections(2015-02-12) Kanwar, Asha; Gatsha, Godson; Lesperance, John; Mishra, SanjayaTranscript and presentation slides of a speech given at the Commonwealth Tertiary Education Facility (CTEF), Malaysia, 12 February 2015. Presented by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & CEO (co-written with Dr. Godson Gatsha, Mr. John Lesperance, and Dr. Sanjaya Mishra)
- ItemOpen AccessAdvancing Research in ODL: Where are the Missing Links?(2014-10-28) Kanwar, Asha; Balasubramanian, KTranscript and presentation slides from the Opening Keynote at the 28th Annual Conference of the Asian Association of Open Universities, Hong Kong, China, 28 October 2014. Presented by Professor Asha Kanwar, and co-written with Dr. K. Balasubramanian, Commonwealth of Learning.
- ItemOpen AccessAgricultural Higher Education in the 21st Century: Non-traditional educational models(2015-06-16) Kanwar, Asha; Balasubramanian, K; Balaji, VenkataramanSpeech delivered by Professor Asha Kanwar at 'Agricultural Higher Education in the 21st Century: A global challenge in knowledge transfer to meet world demands for food security and sustainability'. Zaragoza, Spain June 2015.
- ItemOpen AccessApprentissage à vie pour l’émancipation de la femme Mauritius(2011-05-19) Daniel, JohnLancement du programme, Apprentissage à vie pour l’émancipation de la femme, Cybertour d'Ébène, Maurice (Ebene CyberCity, Mauritius) le 19 mai 2011, Remarques Sir John Daniel, Commonwealth of Learning // Le but de cette réunion est de faire la planification des activités de COL en Afrique pour les prochaines années à la lumière des besoins et priorités exprimés par nos collègues des différents pays. // COL est animé par une vision simple et une mission claire. La vision, c’est que l’apprentissage est le clé du développement. C’est en apprenant de nouvelles choses que les individus, les familles et les sociétés progressent. // Dans un monde que change continuellement, offrir les possibilités d’apprentissage à tout le monde est un grand défi. La mission spécifique de COL est de vous aider à vous servir de la technologie pour relever le défi de l’apprentissage à grande échelle. // Dans les autres domaines de l’activité humaine c’est la technologie qui nous a permis d’offrir des produits et services de qualité à beaucoup de gens à des prix raisonnables. COL applique le même principe à l’apprentissage.
- ItemOpen AccessAs I Take Up My Position As President(2012-06-07) Kanwar, AshaTranscript of After-dinner remarks at the COL Board of Governors, Farewell Dinner for Sir John Daniel, 7 June 2012. Presented by Professor Asha Kanwar, Commonwealth of Learning.
- ItemOpen AccessBridging the Higher Education Gap: The 3-R Challenge(2012-08-30) Kanwar, Asha; Kaushik, MadhulikaLet us look at the three R’s, Reach, Resources, Relevance, that could help us to address the gaps of access, equity and quality.
- ItemOpen AccessBridging the Technology Gap: Mobile Phones for Education and Learning(2012-08-30) Balasubramanian, KSlides from the Ministerial Roundtable, 18th Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers (18CCEM), Mauritius, 30 August 2012. Presented by Dr. K. Balasubramanian, Commonwealth of Learning.
- ItemOpen AccessBridging the Technology Gap: The Case of the Missing Content(2012-08-30) Kanwar, AshaIn this session we bring you some perspectives on how the technology gap can be bridged to increase access, improve quality and cut the costs of education.
- ItemOpen AccessCan ICT Support Human Resource Development? Drawing on our Common Wealth(2013-04-24) Kanwar, AshaVideo speech/presentation given at the Public Administration in Very Small States - Governance and Development (24 April 2013) held in the United Kingdom by Professor Asha Kanwar, Commonwealth of Learning. Duration: 10:17 // Resource contains link to video as well as documents of the transcript and presentation slides.
- ItemOpen AccessCan Mobile Learning Empower Women and Girls?(2015-02-27) Kanwar, Asha; Carr, Alexis; Balasubramanian, KTranscript and presentation slides from a presentation given at a research seminar, UNESCO Mobile Learning Week, Paris, France, 27 February 2015. Presented by Prof. Asha Kanwar, President & CEO, co-written with Alexis Carr, Project Assistant, Lifelong Learning for Farmers Programme, and K. Balasubramanian, Education Specialist, Agriculture & Livelihoods, Commonwealth of Learning.
- ItemOpen AccessCan Mobiles support Learning for Development? A Gendered Perspective(2012-03-07) Kanwar, AshaTranscript of opening remarks for Mobiles for Development (M4D) Workshop, National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM), 7 March 2012, Pune, India. Presented by Professor Asha Kanwar, Commonwealth of Learning.
- ItemOpen AccessCan OER Transform Education? A Developing World Perspective(2011-11-21) Kanwar, AshaVideo presentation given at the 2011 conference on Open Educational Resources in Iceland (21 November 2011) by Professor Asha Kanwar, Commonwealth of Learning. // OER penetration in the developing world has been slower than in the industrialized countries. Yet there are emergent examples which give an indication of how OER are being used in low-resource contexts. Resource contains link to video as well as documents of the transcript and presentation slides.
- ItemOpen AccessCan Technology Lead to System-Wide Change? The Case of Guyana(2013-02-26) Kanwar, Asha; Bullen, MarkWorld Summit on the Information Society (WSIS)+10 Review Meeting, UNESCO, France, 26 February 2013, Presented by Professor Asha Kanwar and co-written with Dr. Mark Bullen, Commonwealth of Learning // My topic today is ‘Can technology lead to system-wide change? The case of Guyana’ // I am grateful to the organisers UNESCO and Microsoft for the invitation. It speaks of the ongoing partnership that the Commonwealth of Learning has with UNESCO, the Commonwealth Secretariat, Microsoft and the Ministry of Education and institutions in Guyana. Collaboration with partners who share the same vision and objectives, are willing to pool their resources and bring their strengths to the partnership is bound to result in a win-win situation for each partner as well as a positive outcome for all stakeholders concerned. // Affordable technologies such as the low cost laptops and tablets as well as mobile devices are being increasingly deployed across schools in the developing world. Can this lead to system-wide change? Our educational systems were developed in the nineteenth century to serve the requirements of the industrial age. They were modeled after industry and meant to prepare people for the industrial economy. Will such systems serve the needs of the knowledge and service economies of the 21st century?
- ItemOpen AccessCan the Ugly Duckling of ODL be Transformed into a Swan? The MOOC Effect(2013-10-04) Kanwar, AshaPublic Lecture, University of South Africa (Unisa), Johannesburg, South Africa, 4 October 2013 by Professor Asha Kanwar, Commonwealth of Learning // Or more pertinently for us,‘Can the ugly duckling of ODL be transformed into a swan? What is the MOOC Effect? As you know, as distance educators we have been constantly working towards ‘parity of esteem’ with a system of higher education which goes back 900 years. In many developing countries ODL is still regarded as a second chance and second choice option. MOOCs, a form of distance learning has captured global media attention in the past two years. Will some of this high profile rub off on more traditional ODL provision?
- ItemOpen AccessCapacity Building: The Road to Resilience(2014-03-26) Lesperance, JohnThe purpose of my presentation is to give you an overview of the Virtual University for Small States of the Commonwealth or VUSSC and the activities it is undertaking to address the issue of capacity building to overcome some of the challenges that the small states of the Commonwealth are facing.//At the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting which was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka in November 2013, the Heads of Government debated on four possible areas, each underpinned by ongoing Commonwealth work, where leaders could make a contribution that can potentially shapes and transform the intergovernmental debates.//These are resilience, youth employment, climate change and finance for development.
- ItemOpen AccessCelebrating COL's 25th Anniversary(2013-06-13) Kanwar, AshaRemarks at COL’s Board of Governors Reception, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 13 June 2013 by Professor Asha Kanwar, President & Chief Executive Officer, Commonwealth of Learning // Thank you for joining us for our 25th anniversary celebrations. Twenty five years ago the Commonwealth Heads of Government met here in Vancouver and decided to establish an organization that would use distance learning and technologies to promote education and training in Member States and to strengthen Commonwealth cooperation. Today we can say that COL has fulfilled that vision and become a well-respected organization that helps governments and institutions to expand the scale, efficiency and quality of learning that leads to development.