- ItemOpen AccessCertificate in Community Radio Technology (CCRT)(2014) Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA)CCRT is a certificate course of 6 months duration. In partnership with BECIL, CEMCA has developed the learning materials for the 9 modules incorporating 30 Units and 12 Videos. The materials are available as Open Educational Resource for interested Indian institutions to start offering distance learning programme. Contents: Module 1: Community Radio: An Introduction; Module 2: Setting up of CRS; Module 3: Studio Technology; Module 4: Audio Production; Module 5: Audio Post Production; Module 6: Studio Operations; Module 7: Radio Transmission Technology; Module 8: FM Transmitter Setup; Module 9: Practical Internship Handbook. All files are compiled into one zip file.
- ItemOpen AccessMachine Learning for Everyone(2023-06) Zin, Abdullah Mohd; Mansor, Zulkifli; Kumar, Vivekanandan SThis course introduces Machine Learning to everyone. Machine learning is a subset of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that enables computer systems to learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. It is done by developing computer programs that can access data and use it to learn for themselves. With the appropriate machine learning models, organisations can use these systems to continually observe changes in their business to predict what may be coming next. In this micro course, you will learn about machine learning, its techniques, and why it is important for all of us. This micro course presents machine learning concepts and techniques and the relation of machine learning to our everyday life in a way that anyone can understand. This course skips confusing academic jargon and offers clear explanations that require only basic mathematics. The online interactive version of the course is at https://colcommons.org/
- ItemMetadata onlyDigital Literacy LAB for Educators(2021-04) Pauncefort, EmmaThe Digital Literacy Lab for Educators (DLLE) offers an essential course of personal and professional development for instructors, mentors, learners, and anyone interested in new approaches to education. The course is centred on supporting individuals to become more responsible ‘netizens’ or engage in good ‘netizenship’. For student and educator alike, it is essential to have good digital literacy skills to participate meaningfully and responsibly in the online world. The uncertain future facing the education sector and indeed, society at large as triggered by the Covid-19 crisis, makes the need for widespread digital literacy even greater. DLLE sets itself apart from other resources in the digital literacy space by connecting the dots between critical thinking and literacy, and the digital world. This means that the focus is on cognitive skills rather than technical knowledge development. Participants will be pushed to rethink how their activity online and offline contributes to their personal and professional development.
- ItemMetadata onlyIntroduction to Artificial Intelligence for IT and Non-IT Professionals(2021-05) Alvi, Zafar"Artificial Intelligence (AI) for IT and non-IT professionals" course targets both IT professionals and Non-IT professionals. The objective of the course is to introduce the basic concepts of Artificial intelligence to provide an overview of the basic AI techniques with the help of innovations such as a case study and simple examples as well as web graphics to keep the audience interested in the subject. Material is also included for more serious learners who may like to take it up further. The idea is also to remove the fear-factor among the general audience. Various artificial intelligence techniques such as knowledge representation, reasoning, and search strategy, rules, learning techniques, AI tools will be used to demonstrate the case study. Presented by Dr Zafar Alvi at the Virtual University of Pakistan.
- ItemMetadata onlyComputer Security, Forensics and Ethical Hacking(2018-06) Chiniah, A; Jaunbuccus, S; Halkhoree, RThe aim of this course is to equip learners with the knowledge and techniques for computer forensics practices and evidence analysis. It prepares learners to use various forensic investigation approaches and tools necessary to start a computer forensics investigation. It also aims at increasing the knowledge and understanding in cyber security and ethical hacking.