- ItemMetadata onlyIntroduction to Sustainable Development in Business(2021-04) Chadeea, Tomal; Doomun, RubeenaThis module aims to introduce you to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and discuss issues related to sustainable development in business. We will be linking the SDG concepts to the COVID-19 pandemic and encourage you through forums to share your personal and country experiences with us. We will also discuss post-COVID-19 issues, introduce strategies to initiate the conversation about how to build a robust, resilient and even more sustainable world.
- ItemMetadata onlyCapacity Building for Non-Governmental Organisations in the Disability Sector(2020-11) Janabadi, ZoyaThe training programme on “Capacity Building for NGOs in the Disability Sector” is being offered by the Global Rainbow Foundation as part of the project ''Enable Mauritius: Leaving No-one Behind, people with disabilities'' which is funded by the European Union, and targets managers and/or staff of non-governmental organisations who work in the disability sector. There are six modules in this programme. The main content is hosted on the mooKIT platform and you will be guided on how to access the materials. Face to face sessions will be organised as per timetable issued by GRF. Each module has a different tutor/ team and you will be expected to interact with them through the forums or through any other channel of communication specified by the tutors.
- ItemOpen AccessIntroduction to Social Media Marketing: Course Material(2021-05) Singh, Tejinderpal; Commonwealth of LearningSocial Media has become a buzz word, and it is a vital part of business around the world. There are over 3.8 billion people on social media networks that constitute more than half of the people on earth. Such a boom in social media offers an opportunity for individuals, businesses, governments, social organisations and communities to share, connect and communicate without any geographical boundaries. Many organisations have already started leveraging the power of social media in business communication and marketing. This course has been designed to provide you with a full understanding of how to plan, manage and execute a successful social media strategy using various online platforms. Participants will gain fundamental knowledge of social media marketing as well a specific skill sets to create, manage, track and monitor social media marketing campaigns using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- ItemOpen AccessMOOC: Introduction to Sustainable Development in Business(2020) Mohee, Romeela; Chadeea, T; Doomun, RThe aim of this course is to introduce you to SDGs and discuss issues related to sustainable development in business. This course is intended for professionals in the field of sustainability, NGOs and university students. This course does not require any prior exposure to sustainable development or business, but the awareness of environmental issues and implications for trade, consumption and production is desirable.
- ItemOpen AccessBusiness for Sustainable Development(2018) Bissoon, U; Jugurnath, B; Bundhoo, M A Z; Lamport, M; Pariag, Neeveditah; Ramdhony, D; Gukhool, AThis module was developed by the Open University of Mauritius with support from COL for the CEMBA/MPA programme. It seeks to introduce learners to principles of sustainable development and how they relate to business. The module consists of the following seven units: Concepts in Sustainable Business; The SDG 2030 Goals Applied to Businesses; Strategies and Tools for Sustainable Business; Integrated Reporting; Sustainable Trade and Economic Growth; Adopting a Sustainable Business Model, and Sustainable Consumption and Production (SDG12). Advisers: Dr K S Sukon, Prof R Mohee, and Dr S Mishra