- ItemOpen AccessSupporting Learners Studying through ODFL: A Guide for Parents in the Pacific(2023-12) Commonwealth of Learning (COL)This guide is designed for parents and guardians of children living in Pacific Island countries who wish to support their children in Open, Distance and Flexible Learning (ODFL). It addresses the adaptive and supplemental support parents should offer their children who are engaging in forms of ODFL, either as part of their in-class learning or in a fully online medium of instruction, whether by choice or in response to school closures or emergency circumstances. This guide was developed as part of the Partnership for Open, Distance and Flexible Learning in the Pacific Project, supported by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, New Zealand.
- ItemOpen AccessGuide to QA of ODFL Provision in the Pacific(2023-08) Commonwealth of Learning (COL)This guide to quality assurance of Open, Distance and Flexible Learning (ODFL) provision is intended to support Ministry of Education officials and teachers in the Pacific to roll out high quality distance education in their own contexts. Whilst expansion of ODFL has significantly increased participation in education, upholding the quality of provision cannot be overemphasised. The guide contains six units: (1) Understanding quality and quality assurance in ODFL; (2) Key components of quality in ODFL; (3) Implementing quality in ODFL; (4) Enhancing quality through policy; (5) ICT infrastructure and quality; and (6) optional readings. This guide was developed as part of the Partnership for Open, Distance and Flexible Learning in the Pacific Project, supported by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, New Zealand.
- ItemOpen AccessDigital and Professional Teacher Competency Standards for Blended TVET(2023-07) Smith, Clint; Waters, Melinda; Petterd, Robin; Okinda, Robert; Cameron, LesleyThe digital and professional teacher competency standards for blended TVET describe specifically the new and emerging skill development needs related to blended delivery. The standards are contextualised to take into account the technology and capability challenges common in TVET institutes in developing countries, the range of teaching methods needed in TVET and the challenges of practising and assessing practical skills in blended environments.
- ItemOpen AccessTeacher Skills Required for Blended TVET: Analysis and Guidelines(2023) Smith, Clint; Waters, Melinda; Petterd, Robin; Okinda, Robert; Doree, AllanThis analysis and guidelines aim to establish the key issues and considerations in describing the new or modified digital and professional skills TVET teachers require for blended delivery. The accompanying Digital and Professional Teacher Competency Standards for Blended TVET presents the draft competency standards.
- ItemOpen AccessUnderstanding Massive Open Online Courses(2013) Littlejohn, AllisonIn a critique of online learning in 2008, Brown observed that the ‘Open Educational Resources (OER) movement’ – the network of people who support the development and embedding of a culture of open sourcing, open resources, open knowledge, free sharing and peer collaboration in society – have assembled building blocks that allow the emergence of ‘open participatory learning ecosystems’. // This assemblage includes different types of resources that are part of the effort to extend and eliminate barriers of entry into university-level education. The most visible manifestations of these building blocks are Open Educational Resources (OER), OpenCourseWare (OCW) and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)