- ItemOpen AccessAuthentic Assessment for Online Learning: Course Material(2023-07) Openo, JasonThis course material provides an overview of learning designs, to help learners conceptualize authentic assessments. Upon completion of this course, learners are equipped with knowledge and practical strategies to design learner-centered digital assessment focusing on academic integrity, engagement, authenticity, and deep learning in the e-learning environment.
- ItemOpen AccessLearning Design for Emerging Learning Environments(2023-03) Singh, Abtar Kaur Darshan; Kovilpillai , Jonathan Jeevan Strinivas; Uzza, AisyamariamThis course provides an introduction to the theories, principles, guidelines and experiences for creating learning designs that will empower you to achieve desired learning outcomes in a human-centred and goal-oriented way. The course focuses beyond instructional design to cover experience design assist creating a learning environment that effectively helps students to achieve their life goals. This course will provide you with the skills and competencies to analyse learning and performance problems, design appropriate learning experiences and eventually develop creative and innovative experiential digital learning environments for the new era. Participants in the course will also develop the skills and gain the knowledge necessary to leverage these future trends and use their knowledge to create innovative learning designs that cater to the next generation of learners. The online interactive version of the course is at https://colcommons.org/
- ItemOpen AccessQuality Assurance of Blended and Online Learning(2022) Commonwealth of LearningThe aim of this self-paced course is to help educational institutions develop and roll out quality blended and online courses by using several toolkits and resources COL has developed over the years. In this professional development course, faculty and administrators will learn concepts, approaches and tools in a just-in-time manner to assure the quality of blended and online learning in a post-Covid-19 world. The course helps you understand how to apply this new information to improve the quality of your blended and online course. // This is a PDF version of the course that is available on https://colcommons.org.
- ItemOpen AccessMotivating and Supporting Online Learners(2022) Khoo, Elaine; Bonk, Curtis JThe course focuses on ideas that will enable educators to create interactions for a variety of educational strategies to support student motivation and learning across different contexts in online environments. Covering theoretical principles with accompanying suggested pedagogical strategies/activities, the course provides practical and innovative ideas for creating active and engaging online learning environments to enhance student motivation to learn. The course is designed for educators and learning facilitators/trainers in general — for example, in-service and/or pre-service educators — from varied backgrounds and levels of experience, intending to further develop their online teaching and learning skills and understanding. Course participants will be introduced to the range of learning opportunities on the Web and will be encouraged to consider how they could personally use and apply various technology tools and web resources effectively in their practice. // This is a PDF version of the course that is available on https://colcommons.org.
- ItemOpen AccessPacific Workshop Series for Ministry Officials: Policy and Planning for Open Distance and Flexible Learning(2022) Saide; Commonwealth of LearningLearning resources related to the workshop series for the ministry officials in the Pacific on policy and planning for ODFL. This is an initiative under the Partnership for Open, Distance and Flexible Learning Project, supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, New Zealand. Workshop 1: Understanding the Open, Distance and Flexible Mode of Delivery, Workshop 2: Distance Education Policy & Systems, Workshop 3: Distance Education Policy & Planning.